How can I help protect this law?
Please consider making a donation to our organization (click here). You can also be of help to us in the following ways:
- Make this site a bookmark or favorite and come back often so you'll be aware of news or evolving issues.
- Tell FIVE friends about our organization/website. That's easy to do with the Email A Friend link on each page.
- Sign up to get our E-News updates.
- Consider a financial contribution to Save SC Summers. We operate on a shoestring while our opposing forces have deep pockets.
- Contact SC legislators to let them know you support the present school calendar law and that you hope they will, too.
- Keep your ears open for any local board/school system shenanigans that might seek to circumvent the law...and let us know if you uncover anything.
- Be a POSITIVE voice LOCALLY in your children's school(s), PTA and other groups.
More questions & answers...
When will first semester exams be scheduled under the new law?
What is the economic impact of earlier school start dates on our state?
I've heard that the passage of this law is really about tourism interests. Is this true?
Why shouldn't our local school boards be able to make all school calendar decisions?
Is Save SC Summers a special interest group?
How will a later start affect our children's education and state accountability testing?
Are other states experiencing similar problems with early start dates?
Why are school leaders so opposed to this legislation, if it is what parents want?
Does the new law merely shift the school year?